Bathrooms are now more important than other rooms in the home as being the major selling point. A passionate property investor always improves their bathrooms to maximise profits when selling. Here are a few renovating tips for your bathroom that will rake in the money.
1. Back to basics: Ensure everything is functional. Make sure there are no leaking taps, mouldy grout, cracked tiles or rusty shower heads. A clean fresh room will make the best first impression.
2. Let there be light: A little light can totally transform an otherwise boring space. Whether it’s adding a feature mirror or some new light features, a light airy room is more enticing than a dark one.
3. Keep it simple: No matter what demographic you’re selling to, individual tastes will vary, so keep it simple with most of the accessories. Also tiles are hardest to change, so make a smart choice that won’t be “out of date” next year.
4. Add a little ‘wow’: Try to add just one wow factor that makes your bathroom stand out from the rest, but select carefully so it doesn’t date quickly. Something based on current designs from overseas is a great option as it’s unlikely to have flooded the Australian market yet.
5. Storage: How many times have you walked into a property and said, ‘It’s beautiful, but there’s nowhere to put everything’? Investing in a generous sized vanity as well as shelving, storage units, tall boys and accessories will be sure to make potential buyers feel right at home.